I think I first made pita bread a year ago, and now I can't imagine ever buying it, even if it's a fluffy good Middle Eastern brand, because it just goes stale before I can enjoy it all. What I love about this recipe is its simplicity. Two ingredients: self-rising flour (and that's easy to make with all-purpose flour and baking powder and baking soda) and whole milk yogurt (and in my pic below, all I had on hand was labneh). I kinda measured out 2 cups of flour and 1 cup of yogurt, maybe? Next step is to put both in a mixing bowl.
Then combine with a wooden spoon or fork or, in my case, my hands. My dough was pretty wet, and so I added flour. Then use a pastry cutter to divide.
Flour your counter or rolling surface. And if you're not feeding multiple people, you can store the divided dough in a zipped lock bag in the refrigerator until you want to cook more. In my case, I consumed the dough balls within a couple weeks. I have a small rolling pin to flatten my bread for one. Sprinkle more flour if your dough is sticking to the surface, and a pastry cutter is awesome for lifting the dough onto a hot cast iron.
No comments:
Post a Comment