Sunday, October 13, 2024

cook: breakfast for dinner on repeat

I’ve cooked Denver O'Brien potatoes before, but breakfast-for-dinner bore repeating because of the wonderful breakfast my neighbors treated me to on my birthday. I had heirloom potatoes in my pantry that Patrick brought home from the community garden as well for my clean-the-refrigerator meal. Green bell pepper (de rigueur for this dish), tomato, ham, cheese, onion, garlic mise en place on my cutting board.        

 
I also had strips of bacon intended for a Cobb salad which never happened, and so that was going into the dish also. In the bacon fat, I fried the boiled potatoes. I thought they were red potatoes, but the flesh was yellow and tasted like Yukon Golds.
 
Once the potatoes were crisp, in went the bell peppers and then tomatoes and onion and garlic into the cast iron.
 
Next the ham and green onions and lastly the cheese and more green onions sprinkled on top.
And this was my cooking really for the week because Patrick is complaining about too many leftovers in the refrigerator though that includes the macaroni and cheese to go with the grocery store fried chicken for Friday dinner.         
I've one serving left of the potatoes for a fried egg for another dinner this week while I make breakfast sandwiches with the brioche buns in my cupboard and ham and cheese still in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment