I was on a roll last week to make pots other than test tiles for my community college ceramics glazing class and just because I've been enjoying hand building again. The high school ceramics classroom has silicon molds with celestial shapes of sun, moon, stars and clouds.
And then at the community studio, I made an altar that started with this quote from Karl Jung because I think of tarot cards as a tool for tapping into your intuition.
But working on the texture on the other side blotted out or compounded the clay into the text, and so I had to compress and re-do the text in the above photo.
And I didn't think I had it in me to stay another few hours in the studio and make another altar. But I did. And I'm rather pleased with the outcome, and so was someone else who wanted to take a pic.
No comments:
Post a Comment