Friday, July 22, 2011

Art with Food

I love pretty, and it's no different with food. I'm on a Jenny Craig regime, which frankly has me very bored even though one is allowed to supplement with all the veggies one desires. Another reason I deviate from the diet is that I socialize with neighbors who gather at least once a week to drink cocktails or wine, and we also bring a nosh. And so I brought roasted red bell peppers garnished with Spanish green olives, green beans, a little bit of sundried tomato pesto, and drizzled with a bit of olive oil. Because I wanted to use up tomatoes in my pantry, I made a Caprese Salad (fresh mozzarella is probably not diet-friendly) sprinkled with fresh basil from the garden and again drizzled with a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I had returned from Louisville, Kentucky the week before and wanted the ladies to try the bourbons--Four Roses Small Batch and Elmer T. Lee--that enthralled me during the Urban Bourbon Trail and to go with my dessert of Rainier Cherries. But back to my love of modern. I toted all on a lime green melamine tray from Crate and Barrel. Yes, I mix up artisanal with a little bit of corporate when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment