Monday, November 7, 2011

Pillows



Four years ago deep into grad school and desperately in need of some creative release from academic tedium, I took 2-day sewing classes at the now defunct Yarn, Paper, Scissors in Burlingame. One of the classes was an Amy Butler kimono robe and then a tunic, but the first class was a quilted square pillow. Very basic. Room Service, "a line of vintage-inspired pillows decorated with mod '60s prints, Hollywood Regency-style graphics, and boho kaleidoscope patterns" has two pillows I love. However, each pillow costs $39 which is a bit too steep for my pocketbook or wants me to endeavor to sew my own. Piping and a zipper would be the hurdles though. Oh yeah and there's the challenge of finding comparable fabric. And so I think my next projects will be pillows!

No comments:

Post a Comment