Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ceramics: Ring Dish


I was stoked yesterday to be back at my city's parks and rec ceramics studio though it was super CROWDED....so different from my community college ceramics class where there's only 5 students, and so we don't have to share tables and have lots of storage as well as fancier equipment.  This is a ring tray of the Bmix clay I had left at the leather hard stage that I love, love, love--the leather hard stage, not my crooked letter pressing.  The lighting for this pic is not great--night time is the worst time to take a pic on a mediocre camera.  I'll probably fill in the black letters of our niece's names and wedding date and paint the dish white and maybe paint a tiny heart sometime before the firing and glazing process.
Update:  Unfortunately I put a cone 5 glaze, White Sperry Crawl along with black underglaze.  It looks terrible.  I should have just dipped it in Majolica.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment