Friday, June 9, 2017

Cooking: Fried Rice


Recently we subscribed to Blue Apron because I wanted a break from cooking and for my husband to slave in the kitchen once in a while and because we needed a change to our usual meal rotations. Above are the Thai Lettuce Steak Cups with Spicy Green Beans and Sushi Rice along with a cucumber and cherry tomato pickled salad.  It was delicious!  We also had leftovers, which I decided to turn into a breakfast of fried rice.
My mise-en-place of chopped baby carrots, a celery stalk, a green onion, leftover steak which I cut into bite-sized pieces, leftover sushi rice as well as sesame oil and ponzu sauce.  I forgot to take out the leftover spicy green beans.  Oh well.  There's now leftovers  enough for another meal.


I heated my individual sized cast iron skillet with a little bit of canola oil and then sautéed the vegetables a couple minutes.  I then threw in the meat and rice and tossed until heated through, about 5 minutes.  I would've just eaten as is right in the cast iron but wanted a heartier breakfast.
I plated the fried rice and put in the oven to remain warm while I fried an egg in the same cast iron pan.
Voila!  Breakfast is served.



No comments:

Post a Comment