Friday, April 27, 2018

Work in Progress: My Funny Valentine Quilt

I've been quilting!  And I think I may get My Funny Valentine done in time to enter it into the county fair.  As one can see below, I've decided to just use the running stitch for a majority of the quilt and pondering at the same time how I will stitch the borders and sashing.
 Below is my favorite fabric from Cotton + Steel....each day I randomly choose a patch to quilt.
 I like this fabric which for me evokes bowling alleys.  A friend last night said this quilt says the 1970s.
 Alas!  I had to stop to go to the gig that pays me.  I set my alarm on phone and usually get a good 20 to 40 minutes in the morning to quilt.  A co-worker told me that I should sell my quilts on Etsy, and I said nah, the expense and time it takes to finish one would be cost prohibitive.  I prefer sewing quilts and projects for the ones I love and appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment