Monday, May 14, 2018

Quilting is Done on My Funny Valentine....but that doesn't mean it's finished

I am aiming for dynamic contrast in this quilt and decided to combine walking foot and free motion machine quilting with the hand quilting.  I stitched matchstick and not so thin and not so dense lines in the lilac sashing.

Once I finished the walking foot quilting, I installed the darning foot and practiced stitching stenciled patterns on these sandwiches.

I decided to not rip out these free motion stitches on my "final draft" because 1) if I went for perfection or even better enough I’d never finish a quilt; 2) this quilt is a record of my first stab at free motion quilting; and 3) good enough is fine by me.
I tried out the machine embroidery letters on my machine to perhaps create a quilt label, but didn't like the fancy font.  I still have yet to bind My Funny Valentine as well as create and baste a hanging sleeve (which I'll remove later as this quilt is just for me) and make a quilt label.  I also realized that I need to create labels for my Day of the Dead: Amar por Siempre that I entered into the Fine Arts category and Frida into the Art Quilts category

No comments:

Post a Comment