Saturday, February 29, 2020

Cooking: Breakfast Burritos

I normally make a casserole for potlucks, but this morning I wanted Mexican and something different:  breakfast burritos.  I had boiled a can of black beans last night for an hour with French onion soup mix and squeezed the juice of a Meyer lemon.  I also took out leftovers and bits from my fridge and scrambled up six eggs and heavy cream in butter and olive oil until they were soft curds in my grand new green pan--love it, love it, love it--and don't regret my impulsive purchase.
I had also bought a package of flour tortillas, 10" diameter.  Into each tortilla, I spread sour cream, salsa verde, chopped cilantro, black beans, soyrizo, and scrambled eggs.
I then took out my cast iron frying pan and poured a little vegetable oil in order to crisp the burritos and melt the cheese inside.  Don't do what I did below!  I crowded too many burritos in the pan and couldn't rotate them enough to brown all around.
I almost burnt them, but thankfully not.  They were just on the edge of burnt and so pretty tasty.
The burritos were deemed delicious by my clay mates, and I was happy to not have brought home leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment