Friday, July 31, 2015

Sewing: Big Dots Pillow



I bought a trio of fat quarters where "grey, taupe and teal butterflies coordinate with Caribbean Kona blue and Mocha feathers" at Scruffy Quilts in San Mateo, CA.  Scruffy Quilts had a July Butterfly Challenge Trio where if you use these fabrics in a project which could be "as small as a potholder or as large as a king size quilt," you could then be entered into a drawing for a $25 gift certificate.  I would have done potholders, but I don't yet how to make binding, and so I opted to sew Amy Butler's design of a big dot pillow as a wedding present for my nephew and his wife whose registry I noticed had these colors in their towels and bed sheets choices.  My zig zag stitching around the dots isn't perfect, but I hope that it's a charming, handmade look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment