Friday, September 4, 2015

Work-in-Progress Sewing: Beginning Quilting Class


It all started with watching a Creative Bug video on how to piece a top for a Rosy Quilt and then buying one French General mini charm pack of another from Etsy, some pink hued Kona solids and flower prints from Joann's, and then discovering some gorgeous rose prints from a local quilt fabric shop.  I worry about the combination of quilt fabrics from Joann's which are so thin and flimsy than more expensive fabrics.
However, I'm stuck.  I still have yet to make a border or two and include a backing and a binding.  Nor do I have any idea how to sandwich it all together into an actual quilt.  And so I signed up for a beginning quilt class at a local quilt fabric shop.  I was and am so excited about this project.

I found some vivid orange-colored yardage from Amy Butler in my stash and then picked out another Amy Butler fabric in a tangerine lotus print to go with the tangerine dots.

In my stash was this orange Amy Butler Midwest Modern print.

And I picked up online Amy Butler's lime dot fabric to coordinate with a color in the lotus and Midwest Modern fabric.

I found on Etsy a sale on this Amy Butler tangerine roses fabric as well as 2 yards of the tangerine dots for only $10, which I think will all make a pretty backing (maybe).

Juxtaposed together.


No comments:

Post a Comment