Thursday, November 26, 2015

Beyond Basics Sampler Quilt Work in Progress: Appliqué Blocks


We were assigned in my beyond basics quilting class to sew blocks with a flower and butterfly--I asked to sew instead blocks to fit my  Valentine theme and because hand appliqué does not sound fun to me.  Luckily, I experienced fusible web before with my Amy Butler big dots pillows.  I don't have a blanket stitch on my Babylock Maria, and so I used the zig zag to anchor my text and heart (which I sewed improvisationally:)  And since I'm didn't hand appliqué my heart and in the spirit of hand sewing, I will embellish and embroider it crazy quilt style with "x"s and "o"s and chain and herringbone stitches.  I love 'em.  One block (and the most difficult one to piece)--Drunkard's Path--to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment