Monday, November 9, 2015

Embroidery Kit for Rachel: Zakka Project



I checked out from the public library, Zakka Style: 24 Projects Stitched with Ease to Give, Use & Enjoy by Rashida Coleman-Hale. I just introduced my assistant to crafting by hooking her up with an embroidery project, and so today after work I decided to get a head-start on holiday gift-giving by making her an embroidery kit.  I used a utility fabric instead of linen and lined and bound it with 2 different fat quarter fabrics, and attached lavender suede cords.  I also stamped it (too much, me thinks) and embroidered her name on it.  I bought embroidery thread in her favorite colors, embroidery scissors and stuck some pins.  I was going to put in a very small embroidery hoop and a panel for another embroidery project but I'm too eager to give it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment