Saturday, May 28, 2016

Sewing: L'amour Est Tout Quilt





Materials:  Cotton + Steel fat quarters, Kona Cotton "Baby Pink" yardage, Coats Machine Quilting & Crafts Mercerized ELS Cotton thread
I took the easy way when it came to color choices for my second quilt ever (though I did complete 2 jelly roll quilts before my class was done).  I love pink and purple and a little bit of orange, or in this case, dark coral (and I especially love the juxtaposition of purple to rust brown) and modern motifs like Viewmaster images and bowling alley and mid-century geometric shapes and went for the monochromatic route with my favorite fabric company.  The colors also tied in with the conventional colors of Valentine's Day.  Love love love this quilt I started in my "Beyond Basics" quilting class, and so now I need to complete the quilt I started in my "Basics" class.

No comments:

Post a Comment