Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Work in Progress: Crib Quilt Border

In all the artificial light of all the lamps turned on in my condo, you can't tell how vibrant the hues of pinks are in this quilt, but they are.  I took the seam ripper to it last night and removed a row on the top and bottom and then added more gray to the right and left sides.  On the whole I think it looks a lot more balanced and less oddly narrow.  I want this quilt to be dragged around for playing and napping by my grandniece, and so I'm hoping the dimensions of 51" x 68" will work.  Warm & Natural twin batting is 72" x 90" and I've already completed the backing with orphan blocks and extra coins.  This weekend I'm going to layer and pin and stitch in the ditch.  I'll attempt free motion the stippling over the embroidered text panel later.

On another note, I have lots of extra 9 patches from the wedding quilt I sewed and have bought more Essex linen to make another lap quilt.  This time, instead of long arm stitching the Irish Chain, I'm going to instead attempt Sashiko like this Purl Soho tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment