Monday, October 9, 2017

A Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild Retreat

Two weekends ago, I stayed at the Wild Palms Hotel to finish this Dia de los Muertos project.  I stayed up Friday night until 2:30 in the morning, finishing the last embroidery panel of a wedding couple.




I spent the rest of Saturday adding log cabins to all the panels.





But when I put the panels together, there was no color balance because I was making the panels monochromatic and I needed to move the eye up and down and across the quilt.  And so I added even more logs in contrasting colors.   The quilt top may almost be done I think.  The dimensions right now are 57" x 54.25".  
I don't have enough leftovers to make a scrappy binding, but maybe enough to add another 4 inches to the length.  I am used to seeing rectangles on my walls, but this almost square quilt is too big for most of my walls.  It will have to be sold.  I just can't imagine how much to price it.  It took me months, starting back in the spring from which I took a break in the summer, resuming it this fall in the hopes of getting it done before Halloween.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment