Monday, October 23, 2017

Color Wheel Re-visit


 
I've been obsessed with Josef Albers proposition that color rather than form is the primary medium of pictorial language, and hence I've since sewn an English tumbling blocks wall quilt following the color wheel order and embroidered a color wheel.  Continuing that preoccupation with color and using fabric and embroidery floss as my "paints", I spied the latest issue of Love, Patchwork and Quilting accompanied with a free Dresden plate template and bought it promptly though I had vowed to stop buying that magazine as the latest issues just didn't contain any projects I wanted to undertake.  I also checked out from the public library, Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson because of the color wheel quilt in it.  The magazine project is comprised of 12 spokes while the book project is comprised of 52, so guess which one I'm starting first?


No comments:

Post a Comment