Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Quilt Border for My Funny Valentine Quilt

I've been obsessed at this minute by borders because I thought my funny valentine quilt needed to be bigger than a 62" square, and I've since learned that borders are a way to increase the size of a quilt and square it up at the same time.  I saw this border below and thought it might be a good option though I am making another February quilt called Valentine that happens to be a string quilt, and so the scrappy border will definitely be a way to go for that one.
However, a scrappy border might be a bit too busy for this completed top and detract from the individual squares.  And so I'm making it simple with just solid borders of maybe tangerine and coral--perhaps a canvas for some free motion quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment