Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Work in Progress: Love + Hearts for a Valentine Quilt

I spent a glorious Superbowl Sunday cutting and arranging blocks of my most favorite fabrics by Amy Butler and Alexia Abegg with yummy and fun names like cocoa bloom or dance hall sweetheart, and as you can see below all are in a color palette of rose pink, bright pink, purple, iris, orchid, lilac, red, orange and coral.  I was looking for a quilt pattern to feature Butler's large scale prints and adored a quilt called Modern Rose Garden by Carolina Patchworks.  It's surprisingly fast piecing except I decided that my solid blocks were too plain. 
 And so I embellished with some raw-edge appliqué.  I previously made a sampler quilt with a block of Robert Indiana's typography of LOVE, which I LOVE and had to do again.  Because I'm still trying to master foundation paper piecing, I found a paper pattern of a heart shape I liked and copied it in various sizes.  More crazy hearts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment