Saturday, November 4, 2023

cook: what to bring to a breakfast potluck

I was assigned a turn this month to bring a potluck dish for a staffulty breakfast. Eggs! But in what form? Burritos? Casserole? Only I’d been obsessed with clay this past week. And so I borrowed a deviled eggs dish from Helen, and that meant I only had to boil six eggs to make 12 deviled eggs. And because I ran out of divots, I thought I’d just boil a dozen more, bring hot sauce and call it a day EXCEPT I remembered I had a small breakfast strata in the freezer. And so I popped the savory bread pudding into a hot oven 30 minutes before leaving for work.                    

Pretty easy peasy to transport in one bag too.                       
And my friend, Andrew asked me for my recipe for the savory breakfast casserole I baked. Except there’s really no recipe I told Andrew because my strata are always cobbled together from whatever ingredients are in my refrigerator, which on a particular day was leftover baguette, breakfast sausage and gruyere cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment