Thursday, December 1, 2016

Sewing: Quilt in Progress

Here's a close-up of one of my holiday projects:  a nursery quilt for my grandniece.  I had hoped to get this done before her first birthday in November 2016, but I'm glad I took my time and reserved to use this machine the day after Thanksgiving.  I decided not to have it quilted by an outsource, but to instead free motion quilt it on an Avante--it's the only way really to improve my free motion skills.  So glad I did because it was rather fun!  I practiced beforehand by taking a pen in my fist kindergarten style to paper.  At $58, it was cheaper than the $100 for a computer program to stipple it, and I'm very forgiving of the mistakes or the personalized loops here and there in my stippling.  What matters is not that it's perfect but that it's done.  I'm already ready for another run at the Avante;)

No comments:

Post a Comment