Sunday, December 11, 2016

Works in Progress: Free Motion Quilted Pillow & Binding for a Nursery Quilt


I took a free motion quilting class from Jill Schumacher, for which I sewed this Ohio Star pillow on which to practice and never did.  However, my Babylock Maria had only one speed (fast!)and didn't seem conducive to free motion quilting on a home machine.  Well now I've got the Babylock Katherine and an extension table for it (and quilted twice now on the Avante long arm), and so there's no excuse for not embarking on that free motion quilting outside of a sewing shop.  I've been watching Angela Walters's Craftsy class on dot-to-dot quilting before I use a Saturday to practice on this pillow.

I've also a nursery quilt to finish binding to give in time for Christmas, and so I spent last night sewing this 2.5" scrappy binding and then pressing and folding and pressing and folding.

No comments:

Post a Comment