Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Whole Cloth Baby Quilt

I didn't get to finish this in time for a baby shower I attended over the weekend.  Finally a couple days earlier I finished quilting and binding and then managed to mail this unicorn whole cloth baby quilt yesterday to the mother-to-be.  I backed it with minky and used a low loft batting.  I tried to echo the clouds on the ombre blue sky and thought I was going to free motion stars to parallel the gold stars in the print.  Nope.  It was much harder than I thought it would be even though I had spray basted and pinned this small quilt.  I told the new mom that it will look better when it's washed gently and dried on a low setting and all those tiny charming crinkles appear.  I used my domestic machine and the walking foot and basically my whole body to maneuver this quilt under the needle. If I ever sew another baby quilt, I would hand quilt it with a running stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment