Sunday, April 28, 2019

Cooking: Enchilada Sauce

Like I mentioned, I'm trying not to have too many odds and ends in my refrigerator and pantry and decided a couple weeks ago to make enchilada sauce.  
After removing stems and seeds (mostly) I soaked the dried ancho and guajillo chiles in a pot of boiling water just to cover the peppers.
I charred some roma tomatoes, red onion and garlic cloves in my grill pan.
I then pureed in my blender the the charred vegetables and soaked chiles.  I had also added brown sugar to dull the bitterness and seasoned the sauce.
I remember having to strain this mixture because it was so thick and had to even add water to thin it.  And so I included instructions on the jar to combine with tomato sauce before putting it in the fridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment