Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Poke Bowls to the Rescue

I get into these moods where I don’t cook, not at all, for the week. And it’s enough for me to muster the time and inclination to construct a meal from ingredients already prepared. I miss Hawaii for the reason that even in the supermarket you have at least 6 types of poke to choose from, but at the warehouse store here in the Bay Area there’s two: Spicy Ahi Poke(Sriracha Mayo yum) and Ahi Wasabi Poke(my favorite).                    


And we’re in for another hot spell of weather, and so I’ll be steaming jasmine rice, whipping together a miso dressing and chopping lettuces and jalapenos and hitting up the supermarket for additional ingredients like edamame, seaweed salad, avocado, cilantro and kimchi to make bowls.    
Fast food you don't have to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment