Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sew: Christmas Table Runner

I bought a packet of charm squares years ago from Craftsy and finally sewed some together into a tree skirt, using instructions and a video from Missouri Star. And still had some squares left which I put together into a matching table runner but then put away and forgot where I put it away. A couple years later I finally found it, hanging in the closet with other unfinished projects or WIPs. And then I decided that the bobbles I had edged the tree skirt would be too big for a table runner. Last month I found the perfect Pom Pom trim for it. And yesterday before open ceramics studio, I finished it.    


I rather love it—the not too kitschy novelty fabric pattens (more secular winter wonderland than Christmas), the raw appliqués of snowflakes from stencils that I had googled and then traced onto fusible web, the mid century motifs of my childhood in a color palette I find more cheerful than the usual somber reds and greens in Christmas fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment