Thursday, March 3, 2022

cook: steamed cauliflower and broccoli

Today was clay day after school, and so I told hubby to pop the Costco meatloaf and mashed potatoes in the oven for dinner. I love to cook. I really do, but sometimes it’s nice to not have to plan, shop, prep, and stand at the stove. I got to come home, smell dinner and suggest to the hubs that he also cook the purple cauliflower and broccoli he just harvested. I would’ve roasted the vegetables, but he prefers to steam and then slather with lots of Irish butter.      

My rule of thumb today for eating more healthily is to heap more vegetables on to the plate than protein and starch.    
I fondly remember my vegetarian days when a plate of cruciferous vegetables and a baked potato was my favorite dinner. And truthfully, I thought the meatloaf and mashed taters were just meh.        
Still grateful though that I didn’t have to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment