Sunday, August 13, 2023

clay: a vase + a mug

I finally made it to clay club despite a flurry of tasks to complete (dental appointment, quilting, summer cleaning) before school starts. For two days I finished this Hans Christian Andersen vase (it’s his quote) and this Sadie mug on which I’m going to decal an iron oxide image of her after I've dipped it into white glaze.                                    
In the meantime, Zan finished her candelabra.                          
She copied the structure of my candelabra but gave it her own flourishes of dragonfly, lotus blossoms and cattails. It's lovely, and now I want to make another candelabra.
In the meantime I'm inspired by the bouquets Patrick brings home. Next Saturday, instead of making a lamp base, maybe I'll rehearse with a candelabra or some low candlesticks. I once made a lotus bloom adhered to the top of a lidded pot. But I'd love to stick my votives into a lotus atop a lily pad.
So that's the plan for Saturday Clay next.

No comments:

Post a Comment