Saturday, August 5, 2023

cloth: roybgiv ii

I started this quilt two summers ago in the second year of the pandemic before I returned to a school year of in-person learning. I finally got all 80 blocks stitched with fabric strips and then began removing their foundation paper, ripping and removing bits of paper with tweezers.


And I would never have guessed while learning to quilt that the craft also involves pressing seams with an iron as much as stitching fabric on a sewing machine.

And I love how it's coming together so far in a couple months of stitching like a madwoman.

Seriously, an awesome summer of sewing my stash. But this blog is getting super repetitive. I've been making, re-making ceramics and quilts, cooking, and cooking again the same recipe too often. It may be time to close this blog down. I've loved posting about my creativity, but I've been wanting to not post SO MUCH. And now there's this record that's frankly quite boring. I suppose I could just post less often, but maybe I want to get more focused on what I highlight in my making like a motherfucker and start a new blog. Maybe I also don't need to explain my process in minutiae. I could also just show not tell by putting up pics of ceramics and quilts and other works of my art on Instagram. And maybe I just make what I make for a long while before I start that other blog or even create my own maker's website. Some thoughts before transitioning to something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment