Wednesday, August 14, 2024

cook: tuna salad

I’ve got soup in the fridge to bring to school for lunch, but I’ll also be bringing salads to eat with it. I decided to include animal protein and make tuna salad. I just bought cans of Italian yellowfin tuna packed in olive oil and flaked two tins of them in my mixing bowl. I also chopped red onion, green onion, stalks of celery and dill.

 
For more flavor, I added salt and black pepper and dill relish (not sweet pickle!) to my sauce and to keep the salad minimalist. I used the rest of the Duke mayo which wasn’t enough, and so I added Kewpie mayo. 
 
It tastes delicious and can’t wait to make my half tuna sandwich for lunch today at school. I'm also bringing a couple or three heirloom tomatoes to eat on the side.
 
Later on in the week, I'll add a scoop of this tuna salad along with a scoop of cannellini beans and some boiled green beans to a green salad for a Nicoise meal. I also like to make a similar salad with leftover salmon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment