Thursday, December 21, 2017

Preparation, Preparation, Preparation

Yesterday I had to stay after work to proctor final exams for a student.  It was a perfect situation.  I parked him in my office with its glass windows and installed myself outside in the reference section to use the big tables to pin baste a quilt.  Below I've pressed the backing by shifting an ironing pad all over.

Next the backing.  Pressing the batting on the table itself rather than shifting the batting from ironing board to backing taped on the floor and then being on my hands and knees after first moving my couch and coffee table to smooth the layers in my tiny condo was so much LESS ARDUOUS.

Lastly the quilt top.  I've my fingers crossed on there being no major puckers.  Lots more smoothing and again less arduous as I was able to walk around the table to tug and smooth, tug and smooth, tug and smooth...

Pin basting done!  I had wondered if I should've bought more safety pins.  This quilt sandwich is rolled up in my car, ready to be stitched in the ditch which I probably will sew on this same table because I am proctoring the next exams for the same student.

No comments:

Post a Comment