Sunday, December 17, 2017

Quilting: My Circus, My Monkeys

Below is my finished quilt.

I used red, black, brown and purple thread on the quilt top and natural thread in the bobbin.  I'm glad for the most part that I used thread to blend in with the fabric colors which hides your stitching mistakes the best.  My stitching got straighter and less crooked in the stops and starts, and I lamented all those hiccups in my quilting.  However, DONE IS BETTER THAN PERFECT.  And really all those machine quilting instructors are right, you'll never get better if you don't practice.  I've never yet sent out a quilt top to be finished by someone else.  I rather love that I've been in on the whole quilt from beginning to end.




Below is the scrappy back including the inspirational fabric, and lastly my quilt label.  As with all the kid quilts I've sewn, I hope the quilt will not be precious but functional.  I want its recipient to drag this blankie in the mud and that this quilt will have to repeatedly be laundered from constant, daily use.


No comments:

Post a Comment