Sunday, March 8, 2020

Cooking: The Sandwich

I love a grilled eggplant, roasted bell pepper and provolone cheese sandwich and next in line is turkey and avocado.  I could eat a sandwich every day of my life and be content, but it has to be deli-worthy.  A red onion with bite sliced thinly is de rigueur.
Next you gotta have the flavorful moist factors of mayonnaise, pesto, and sometimes yellow mustard on fresh bread(and if not fresh or slightly stale, toasted)--in this case, herb foccacia.
And I love a sour element, and in this case two:  pepper rings and cucumber pickles (but I reserved these pickles for the side as I didn't want my sandwich to spill out its parts).  And because it was a turkey sandwich, avocado!
I like luncheon meat to look like it was from a large roast, so turkey that's a bit thick sliced, and for a little funky flavor, provolone cheese, very thinly sliced.
Potato chips are awesome crunch, but I love crisp too from spring lettuce and lately, I can't get enough sprouts which really complements the creamy and rich avocado.
I think for my last meal on earth, I would opt for a deli sandwich, mortadella and provolone or a spicy Italian of salami and capicolla or turkey and avocado and sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment