Friday, August 27, 2021

Cook: Chicken Karaage

I wanted Hawaiian and hence Japanese food. Opened the black binder of recipes and spied this fried chicken and remembered the packet of potato starch in my spice drawer.                        

I should have used mirin instead of sugar. Next time.                           

I love how much crispier a potato starch or rice flour crust is. I had added wheat flour to my packet of potato starch to have enough to coat these chicken thighs. Yep I’m adding a box of mochiko to my cart the next time I’m at Suruki or Nijiya. And any meat marinaded in soy and garlic and ginger has to be accompanied by steamed Asian rice. Oh and Hawaiian Mac salad too.                                       
 
This is twice I’ve cooked this week instead of eating leftovers. And Asian meals too.                              
Fried chicken is always right for a weeknight.

No comments:

Post a Comment