Monday, August 9, 2021

Cook: How I Construct a Poke Bowl

The first time I ever ate at a poke bowl restaurant, I went nuts on adding topping upon toppings to my pile of seasoned raw fish. My Hawaiian vacation made me miss those meals even more. Yesterday was my last leisure lunch, and so here was my hurrah. I had white and red cabbage in the fridge as well as a bag of chopped kale, which I dressed with miso dressing.                                   
There was plenty leftover for another bowl during the work week.              
I was too lazy to cook jasmine rice though I had some leftover long grain rice which was for my leftover red beans with smoked turkey and Andouille sausage. I had to have a little rice in my bowl which I dressed with a little rice vinegar. And I also had pickled carrot and daikon as well as kimchi in the refrigerator.                        
And on top of that base of kale salad and grains and vegetables, spicy ahi tuna and wasabi tuna.                               
And a teeny, tiny avocado with its slices fanned out and atop.                       
I can’t have a poke bowl without scallions and cilantro which I snipped and sprinkled on top too.                     
By this point I was getting into mid afternoon and was too hungry to also add in chopped jalapeƱos.                       
Called it a day, poured the rest of Chardonnay in the fridge and ate a beautiful lunch.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment