Thursday, August 5, 2021

Cook: Four Bean Salad

I used to love three bean salads that came from a jar even if they were over processed and too sweet and the green beans soft and too few. These days I make my homemade version for just myself. Opening cans of kidney and cannellini and garbanzo beans would make too ginormous a salad for one person, and so I soak all three types of beans in water just enough to fill one can. And when a neighbor gardener gifted green beans, I got to making this favorite salad.      
There’s a lot of sugar in this dressing (plus a teaspoon of salt, an equal amount of apple cider vinegar to sugar and olive oil and oh I forgot to add chopped red onion)! But much less sugar I think than would be in a supermarket jar of the salad and so much more delicious. It’s my snack to nibble on before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment