Monday, December 20, 2021

clay & cloth: holiday selling

I accomplished my goal of getting rid of a lot of my ceramics. But I still brought home mugs and a few bowls and a platter and stars.


And of course none of my quilts sold, which I resolved at the beginning to be okay with. Patrick messaged me that I need to find a better way to display them, but I also know that this isn't the right venue for selling them. I'll start maybe looking into the Kings Mountain Art Fair and submit an application for next September.
Patrick also said my quilts need to be much bigger to be utilitarian. And since I plan to use simpler quilt and more improvisational patterns, I will go bigger. I had one sea platter left that a jewelry artist said she would buy, and so I brought it over and asked if I could have the earrings below.
I love 'em and they're so light because they're some kind of fimo clay. I did have to re-pierce an ear lobe because I haven't worn earrings in years. I love the color palette which is so reminiscent of the desert and happen to be a color palette I want to play with in a quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment