Tuesday, December 14, 2021

clay: cone 10 porcelain and glaze

I’ve still a bit of clay of the bag of Coleman porcelain I bought this past spring. I think I had quite a few fails such as a plate and a couple of trinket trays. I also made some pendants which I need to make into necklaces. There was a little vase that Zan thinks was in a part of the kiln where it didn't mature to cone, and so last week it underwent another cone 10 firing at Skyline College.             


I love it. The vase seems to have shrunk more and it definitely feels denser and heavier. The differences of before and after the second gas firing may seem subtle, but I feel like I can see the overlap more of the celadon blue and the Coleman red glazes.

I actually want to never part with this vase and therefore never sell it. It also inspires me to make more of these Coleman porcelain vases but with just celadons and the Marshmallow white glaze with a texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment