Sunday, December 19, 2021

cook: clean eating

Since I’m home for winter break and presumably have more time to clean and cook, I canceled my Thistle deliveries for the duration because I want to prepare raw, vegan meals myself. I was surprised that I liked the black bean chipotle salad in a jar.                

I can make aquafaba dressing, which is merely the water that the chickpeas cook in. However, one of my students gifted me for the holidays a small loaf of the sourdough bread her mother baked. Delicious with plenty of Irish butter alongside leftover bean soup.
The leftover sourdough bread was also delicious as a sandwich with leftover lemon roasted chicken and arugula from the garden with lots of mayo and a bit of Dijon mustard. And my alcohol cabinet is well stocked, for I found the chocolate liqueur I need for Nutty Irishmen cocktails for the neighbors and family.
Winter break is also a time for Hoovering through my leftovers like this hummus with generous drizzles of olive oil and plenty of hot smoked paprika and a bit of toasted pita.
While buying ephemera from Paper Source, I window shopped their cookbooks.


For sure I'll be looking for these titles at the public library to put on hold. I had put on old this Friendsgiving cook and was not impressed, so I'm glad not have purchased it. 
My goal over the winter break is to clear out my Thanksgiving décor...
....and to make hummus holiday bowls as Xmas presents for my neighbors as well as devise my own processes for making my own plant-forward meals during the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment