Friday, December 17, 2021

clay: slow pottery

This plate emerged beautiful from its bisque firing.
 
I had said no clay club yesterday, and yet I had the 4 Obsidian plates and the 4 Speckled Buff mugs ready for glazing. Zan had asked me if I were going to pop them into the kiln ready for firing beginning in late afternoon and overnight in time for the pop-up. I said nope. Instead I put into yesterday's kiln, the tree ornaments without retouching them with white glaze, which I may regret.
Yesterday did end up being my clay club for 1 because I carefully glazed these 8 pots after all. And since they didn't go into the kiln right away, I can touch up bare spots that were too wet with water with a little more glaze. They may not get done until the brand new year, and hence the title of this blog post. But fast forward if you will to the next morning. I’m pleasantly surprised by my tree ornaments.                            
I will likely keep 2 of these ornaments: pasko and natale.

No comments:

Post a Comment