Thursday, January 6, 2022

cook and cloth: hummus and hoops

2022 is starting as a bit of a shit show with this Omicron variant infiltrating air spaces. I got a bit paranoid and have stopped going to the group exercise classes, but am okay still with cycling with the Les Mills RPM app on my phone in the gym early in the morning when hardly anyone is around and with swimming laps. Now is as good a time as any to also start hiking to the grocery store instead of driving. I'm also drying out this month and am on day 6 of not drinking. But gawd do I miss sipping wine. I cooked falafels a couple nights ago and whipped up a batch of hummus. I've already started subscribing to less meals from Thistle and need to channel their menus into my own cooking.                              

Clay has gone a bit on the wayside because of the studio being closed and my colleagues contracting COVID. Sigh. I'll figure it out for next week, whether it be clay plates or quilts. And I'm quite a few weeks late with my advent gifts for 2021, and so these embroideries will be given in 2022. I also want to make more because they were rather easy. 
I just have to adhere white felt to the backs of these and attach hanging loops on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment