Sunday, January 23, 2022

cook: fajita friday

I’ve been eating prepared salads and meals from Thistle for a couple months now, and I’m already tired of their rotations. And so I’ve suspended lunches and dinners for a week and signed up for another meal delivery service from a company called Methodology. Still plant-forward and paleo and dairy and gluten-free, but maybe their sauces and flavor profiles will be different. In the meantime I’ll be chef for the next couple weeks. To Taco Tuesday, I’ve added Fajitas Friday to this week’s dinners. While at Costco last weekend, I bought carne asada or flank steak already marinated in chili and paprika and a little lime. I also picked up some bell peppers for the week’s Greek mezze. I’m starting to cook not just for dinner that night but for other meals later in the week.    


I so love grilling. I set the steak on the grill for 2 minutes to sear and then flipped.                
The flank steak doesn’t take long to cook. I cooked it on the other side after searing for another 2 minutes and then flipping it over and over again for another minute, ensuring not to overcook or go over medium rare--5 minutes for thin steaks. I then plated it and let it rest while I warmed the flour tortillas on the grill.                                 
I had also set out guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and chopped cilantro.
Hubby finished cooking the sliced peppers and onions in my cast iron.
And dinner was done.
And now there’s leftover carne asada for either more fajitas or Taco Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment