Tuesday, January 18, 2022

cook: new year resolutions

With the Omicron variant at large, I freaked and didn’t go to the gym for a couple weeks. However, I’m back to spinning and swimming, and as ever devoted to healthful eating. I assessed the risks and wear a KN95 mask when I go to the gym early in the morning when there are very few people on the exercise equipment and hop on the cycle and do an RPM workout on my phone. This month it’s Les Mills. Next month I’ll audition the Peloton app. I enjoyed a 3 day weekend and cooked. I made my favorite sandwich with avocado and sprouts and then ate leftovers in the fridge.

Hubs harvested a ginormous green cabbage from the garden, and I roasted it. Slice the head into quarters. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt. Roast in a 500 degree oven for 10 minutes. Flip. Roast for another 10 minutes. Eat and marvel that you never knew roasted cabbage could be so deliciously sweet.
And hubs will be harvesting even more cabbage in the coming weeks. Savoy though, not green. And the 3-day weekend was ideal for frying lumpia that I didn't cook Christmas day because there was already too much food and to boil smoked turkey neck to use as a base for split pea soup.

I'll be digging into my new cook books, grist and ruffage. Kind of nervous and yet hopeful as to how my new menus will be received by the hubs, but then again he didn't bat an eye when I served a side of white and brown rice last night with the leftover cabbage and adobo. Oh and he didn't eat the pork and chicken adobo and instead ate the lumpia like a meat course.

No comments:

Post a Comment