Thursday, April 21, 2022

clay: return to sea, return to routine, return road trip

I didn’t make it early enough to the clay studio today. And so from one slab of clay, I made these two sea mugs.                 
When pressed for time, I make a mug. And I didn’t put a handle on either of these cups, figuring some tea or coffee drinkers like to cup their drinking vessel between their hands. 

And I ate my usual hummus bowl for dinner. I had roasted yellow bell peppers a few nights ago, knowing I would put them in a Greek salad. I had one Persian cucumber and a couple tomatoes and red onion and a block of Greek feta, which I chopped and dressed with red wine vinegar, salt, and oregano. I omitted the olive oil because there was almost too much liquid from the vegetables, and besides I knew I was going to drizzle olive oil on the hummus with a yummy sprinkling of hot smoked paprika. I also used the last of the zhoug and shatta in my fridge. While I fried the Moroccan tofu, I toasted half a pita.
I so wanted to drink Chardonnay, but opted instead for lower alcohol in a Summer Shandy.
Baby steps on easing back from the booze. One of these days, I’ll get back to tee totaling. And here's another inspiration for hummus bowls.
I'm going to pick up some lamb kebab and more Persian cucumbers I think for this weekend's hummus plate.

I thought I was done with road trips after Palm Springs, but my brother with whom I reunited over Easter Saturday has invited me to Disneyland in early June. I told my brother no to Disneyland, but yes to me meeting up with him and his family for dinner after their day spent at the theme park. And so I'm returning to Southern California. Gardens will be the theme again of this trip after my visit to Sunnylands.

Last night I pondered how I was going to form a speckled buff planter after a glass sculpture called rooftop garden at the Palm Springs Art Museum. So I am looking forward to what will inspire me from another journey to those sunny climes.

No comments:

Post a Comment