Monday, May 16, 2022

clay: rooftop garden practice

I never did get around to sowing the Thai basil seeds, but I did plant three succulents in the new speckled buff clay pots that came out of the kiln this past week and eyed my flower bed. I'll deadhead next weekend.

And there are three more succulent planters I still have to make. Whom I kidding? I’ll be forever making planters, but they are useful and good practice for joining seams. And I think the wee pots made from scrap slabs are cute. I also got to fucking around on Saturday with making planters I’m calling my rooftop garden.                       

I liked the width and the height of the planter, but my staircase needed to be narrower and the steps less high, but I brought it home anyway to perhaps finish.                         
The weather was gorgeously sunny, but the wind and lack of humidity was drying my clay beyond leather to almost bone dry. I already quashed this house to reclaim later and remake. I’ll make paper templates to make a better looking staircase and ponder the measurements of the whole building. Cecilia was in the garden too reading and said vines would look terrific hanging over the house. Oh yeah! Also fire escape-like stairs on one side of the building with windows on the opposite side would look cool too. My brain is spinning with ideas on how to execute that design.

No comments:

Post a Comment