Sunday, May 22, 2022

cook: bahn mi again, but it gets better and better each time

Before going to the ceramics studio, I gardened. That is, I removed dead foliage from my succulent pots.       

I also admired the olive tree that Meral gave Patrick and appreciated my dog sunning herself beside me.                    
And my rooftop garden in the pottery studio was a more successful attempt. Let’s hope I can finish it next Saturday. Afterwards Cecilia came over in the afternoon with baguettes, and oh heck I needed cook the pork belly, which I roasted while Cecilia grilled pork shoulder. Luckily the carrots and daikon were already pickled.   
  
The pork belly came out crispy.        
As before, I had a sandwich making station where Cecilia split the baguettes, I filled them with pate, grilled pork, roasted pork belly, Kewpie Mayo, hoisin sauce, Sriracha sauce, cucumber, jalapeños, pickled carrot and daikon salad, and cilantro.

I think I constructed 7 sandwiches total including one for myself and Patrick.                                
Fresh bread makes for a superior sandwich and has become a fun way to feed a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment