Sunday, May 15, 2022

cook: asian noodle bowl

I had leftover lemongrass pork from bahn mi sandwiches last week and decided to make a salad noodle bowl yesterday for lunch. I took some of the leftover grilled pork and pork belly and reheated in the oven to crisp up the belly.       

Next I boiled the soaked noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes before draining.
 
While I had been waiting for the water to boil, I had made a dressing of fish sauce, Palm sugar, lime juice, sriracha and water.                          
Lastly assemble all the ingredients and toss with the dressing.          

I like the contrast between the hot meat and noodles with the crisp, cool vegetables and herbs. I wish I’d had used more mint and made more dressing. I did not have any holy basil either for the salad, and so I’ll be spending some Sunday sowing these seeds.        
Huh? I didn’t know my seeds had come from Missouri. I thought I ordered from a seed company north of me in Petaluma. Alrighty then. My friend, Cecilia just bought pork shoulder and wants to make bahn mi sandwiches again, and so I’ll chop up vegetables and boil rice vermicelli noodles to include this dish into her rotation. Satay chicken and fried Indonesian tofu with peanut sauce too for this noodle salad bowl next.

No comments:

Post a Comment