Saturday, October 15, 2022

clay + zine: salt crock + a recipe for salted chocolate chip cookies

I’ve got Xmas presents on the brain, and so plate production is taking a bit of a backseat to re-making failed cocktail cups or this week--salt crocks, and this week I made two to which I made and added three more this afternoon. I'm really liking how the huge text (the stamps which I got from a Buy Nothing group on Facebook) is blended indistinctly into the background of the ocean waves texture. 

I even made a recipe zine to go with the salt crock.
I googled best chocolate chip cookie, and of course, Christina Tosi who conceived of the crack cake at Momofuku came up in the results.
 
And so I adapted her recipe, but not really because everyone's tolerance for salt varies, which I hope my note on the ingredient of salt conveys.
Patrick was telling me that his brother, Dave really appreciates handmade pottery. And so I'm gifting him a crock and box of Maldon salt. For sure, I'm giving a crock to my nephew, Josh, who's a bit of foodie because he once worked at the French Laundry. I've also got Sichuan peppercorns in my pantry for gifting, and so that's next. Pepper crocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment