Monday, October 31, 2022

creative inspiration: home and garden stores

I stepped into a shopping mall yesterday in search of a birthday present. Godiva closed, but there was a Läderach. And so I dropped 75 bucks there for Swiss chocolate for Patrick. Crate and Barrel happened to be having their fall sale, and so I spent another 25 bucks for 2 cereal bowls and 2 white wine glasses to replace chipped and broken dishware. And I window shopped a lot. I admired and coveted the denim blue Staub pots with brass knobs and wondered if I should try to re-make some modern house Christmas lights in porcelain.                

 
I thought if I were young and starting all over again, I would have no plates or bowls, but just have these shallow pasta bowls in my cupboard.
And I admired this pink sequin dress at Anthropologie I would never have occasion to wear and mostly browsed the furnishings and books rather than the clothes.
And then I took lots of pics of succulent gardens in the garden shop. I loved this miniature purple orchid which cost $56. Too rich for my pocketbook. But it was gorgeous.
All of the succulent pots were so expensive. This pumpkin was glued to the moss that was in this garden.
I really liked these fall and winter-themed moss gardens in these shallow copper pots, which were $58.
And I've got to change up the succulents in my own concrete planter to mirror the variety in this planter.

I also liked that there were dried branches and moss in some of the tableaux. Though I don't know if I liked the mini pumpkins.
 
The succulents stuck on top of the gourds were okay, and golly even the smaller gardens were pretty pricy.
I suppose one could have designed their own succulent garden within a pot of their own choice at Terrain.
 
In the end I bought none and came home to admire the fall bouquet that Patrick had made for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment